Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Trek Asessment #4
By far my favorite experience was when I was heading to my trek 2 starting point with my friend Kent. We were walking through a park and an elderly man planting some small plants started talking to us, but he was not looking at us. He said "do you boys know anything about plants" and then he went on to tell us how he comes to this spot everyday until the first snow to take care of these plants. He lived right next to the park in a beautiful house, so it was just a hobby for him. The whole time we just stood there and listened and learned from this man who was giving back to the earth. I wish I would of had a recording kit with me at the time, I wanted to record everything this man said even if it would not be usable on my trek. The fact that I was going into these areas where that were surrounded by nature and hearing all these elements from the city, and this man was going out of his way to put elements of nature directly into the city. It amazed me and we both appreciated everything the man said.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment